Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Does the logging feature of SkyDemon log number of take off and landings?

Author
Anterialis
Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi!
1) As the title says, does the SD logging feature log the number of landings and take off's (T/Os)? 

2) What are the criteria used for detecting landings and T/Os?
If I've read correctly it detects a T/O if the speed is above 30kts (??), but is that the only criteria? Does it differentiate between a TO and an aborted TO (eg. aborted at 50 kts)?

Thank you for your help!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
If you start logging manually, SkyDemon will log separate flights inside your one log. The criteria are not quite as simple as speed going above 30 knots, as that's not appropriate for all airframes, but that will work. We don't "detect" an aborted takeoff.
Anterialis
Anterialis
Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)
Thank you. I did start logging manually by hitting "engine start" when starting the engine if that is what you mean. 

I'm a PPL-a student and yesterday I did pattern work. Several landings and a few go arounds. I also had a break in the middle of my training where I waited at the holding point for about 10 min, engines running. I see that SD has registered two flights, probably as I was sitting still for a few minutes. But other than looking at the log inside SK (iPhone) and watching the "profile"/map ("drag the aircraft along the flight log to inspect it in detail") where I guess I can count the number of landings by looking at the profile, I do not see a number (eg. landings: 15). 

What is the best way for me to record the number of landings using SkyDemon?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
SkyDemon doesn't have a counter for takeoffs and landings. We record the number of flights, but that isn't really intended for circuit training. If you want to count how many circuits you've done, you can just inspect the log in virtual radar which should make it fairly obvious, or just keep a count yourself (without SkyDemon).
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search