Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Adding a point of interest to a planed route

Author
A
Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi All
I was wondering how you add a 'via' point once a route is planned to somewhere which is not shown in detail on the map. Hypothetically, I plan a route from A to B but want to fly over a point of interest such as a landmark or my passengers house ? 
I know you can plan a route from an airfield to a post code if starting from scratch, but cant see how this is done if that point is en route?

Thanks

Chris 

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
Altomar718 - 7/18/2023 7:40:15 AM
Hi All
I was wondering how you add a 'via' point once a route is planned to somewhere which is not shown in detail on the map. Hypothetically, I plan a route from A to B but want to fly over a point of interest such as a landmark or my passengers house ? 
I know you can plan a route from an airfield to a post code if starting from scratch, but cant see how this is done if that point is en route?

Thanks

Chris 

I’d rubber band the route leg to include the point of interest, using the aerial photography view to help if necessary.

Altomar718
A
Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)Too Much Forum (50 reputation)
grahamb - 7/18/2023 8:11:24 AM
Altomar718 - 7/18/2023 7:40:15 AM
Hi All

Thanks

Chris 

I’d rubber band the route leg to include the point of interest, using the aerial photography view to help if necessary.

Thanks Graham but I was after how to enter a post code of somewhere as a waypoint - e.g. I am planning on flying a route and want to look at a ground feature - I can look at the website for there and get a post code, but cant enter it ? As an example, say Stonehenge .... as far as I know, it is not on SD but I can look at their website and get a post code ???

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Press Find
Enter the postcode and select it when it shows in the results
SkyDemon will ask if you want to view aerial photography at the selected position, say Yes
Press and hold on the exact building/feature you're interested in, and either:
1. Select the coordinate and then the option to insert it into your route
2. Use the Create option to create a persistent user waypoint there, which you can use whenever you like to dogleg your route

Altomar718
A
Tim Dawson - 7/18/2023 9:52:07 AM
Press Find
Enter the postcode and select it when it shows in the results
SkyDemon will ask if you want to view aerial photography at the selected position, say Yes
Press and hold on the exact building/feature you're interested in, and either:
1. Select the coordinate and then the option to insert it into your route
2. Use the Create option to create a persistent user waypoint there, which you can use whenever you like to dogleg your route
Perfect answer ... Thank you Tim 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search