Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Prompt to update country AIP information

Author
m
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I find it very useful that SkyDemon automatically prompts me when I need to update the charts for the various countries that I have downloaded.  However, I also like to have the complete country AIP data downloaded for counties that I frequently visit, so that when I am traveling I have immediate access to all aerodrome plates and other information even with no internet connection.  But this information should be updated every 28 day AIRAC cycle.  So it would be useful if SkyDemon could have an option to prompt me to update this information when required, in the same way that it does with the charts.  Any thoughts about this?

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
Excepting any odd out-of-cycle amendments, both the charts and the AIPs are updated to the AIRAC cycle. When you receive a prompt for the charts, you know it’s time for the AIPs to be refreshed as well.
mabc
m
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)
grahamb - 7/9/2023 5:06:04 PM
Excepting any odd out-of-cycle amendments, both the charts and the AIPs are updated to the AIRAC cycle. When you receive a prompt for the charts, you know it’s time for the AIPs to be refreshed as well.

Well it would still be useful to have a prompt with a single click to update all the ones I have downloaded, rather than have to go in to do each one individually and wait until each one to complete before doing the next one.

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
You can do them all with one click/press on the ‘download’ symbol at the top right of the AIP list.
Edited 7/9/2023 10:17:48 PM by grahamb
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Although these are in theory only updated every AIRAC cycle, actually countries update them all the time, when they discover errors in them. If we had a prompt, you would see it often.

Also, it's quite wasteful to download entire AIPs all the time we we would really rather people downloaded only what they need. There's a setting that automatically downloads all the plates for the airfields that are part of your route.

These two factors mean it's unlikely we will add anything to make it more straightforward to download/update all AIPs.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search