Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Missing aerodrome NOTAMs for planned route

Author
a
Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all,

Not sure how to fix this, but if I plan a route EGKB-EGMD-EGMC-EGKB, then EGMD and EGMC NOTAMs are missing from a standard pre-flight brief (NOTAMs part), EGKB and enroute ones are all there. Am I missing some magic option/button? Using SD for Windows for that.
Thanks a lot!

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
arj - 6/24/2023 8:42:44 AM
Hi all,

Not sure how to fix this, but if I plan a route EGKB-EGMD-EGMC-EGKB, then EGMD and EGMC NOTAMs are missing from a standard pre-flight brief (NOTAMs part), EGKB and enroute ones are all there. Am I missing some magic option/button? Using SD for Windows for that.
Thanks a lot!

I’m not a NOTAM expert, but AFAIAA some are defined as ‘aerodrome’, and some ‘en-route’. You’ll only see aerodrome ones if SD thinks you are landing there.

If your route was via the overheads, you’ll only see en-route NOTAM for Lydd and Southend; if you select the ‘Land here’ option for them, which effectively breaks your route into three separate flights, you see the aerodrome NOTAM for both ends of each flight when you select it. 

Edited 6/25/2023 10:03:39 AM by grahamb
arj
a
Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)
grahamb - 6/25/2023 9:53:07 AM
Hi all,

Thanks a lot!

I’m not a NOTAM expert, but AFAIAA some are defined as ‘aerodrome, and some ‘en-route’. You’ll only see aerodrome ones if SD thinks you are landing there.

If your route was via the overheads, you’ll only see en-route NOTAM for Lydd and Southend; if you select the ‘Land here’ option for them, which effectively breaks your route into three separate flights, you see the aerodrome NOTAM for both ends of each flight when you select it. 

How do I specify that I land there? I want to keep it as a single route in a PLog for many reasons, but for some reason cannot see the AD NOTAMs.

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
arj - 6/25/2023 10:06:06 AM
grahamb - 6/25/2023 9:53:07 AM
Hi all,

Thanks a lot!

I’m not a NOTAM expert, but AFAIAA some are defined as ‘aerodrome, and some ‘en-route’. You’ll only see aerodrome ones if SD thinks you are landing there.

How do I specify that I land there? I want to keep it as a single route in a PLog for many reasons, but for some reason cannot see the AD NOTAMs.

Hover your mouse over the airfield you are using as the intermediate waypoint and select 'Land here'.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
It is by design that aerodrome NOTAMs only appear in your planned route NOTAM briefing if you are actually planning to land there.

You can see aerodrome NOTAMs separately, no matter what route you have planned, in the airfields tab.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search