Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Flights ex EGNS (Isle of Man) to UK: no link to submit GAR

Author
fruitloops101
Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When planning a flight departing Ronaldsway IOM (EGNS),  arriving at a non-designated airfield on the UK mainland, I do not get the expected "You need to notify the UK police about this flight, at least 12 hours in advance" warning.

I'm pretty sure a GAR is required in such circumstances?

Flights in the reverse direction (i.e. UK to the IOM) behave normally.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
I don't know the ins and outs of GAR rules. If you contact customer support, they'll be able to advise.
fruitloops101
fruitloops101
Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)

Thanks Tim

SD customer services have confirmed no GAR is required ex Ronaldsway to mainland UK. The information on the IOM government web site which suggests the contrary is apparently out of date.

fruitloops101
fruitloops101
Tim Dawson - 6/26/2023 9:07:01 AM
I don't know the ins and outs of GAR rules. If you contact customer support, they'll be able to advise.

Thanks Tim. 
SD customer services confirmed no GAR required ex Ronaldsway to mainland UK.
The information on the IOM government web site which suggests the contrary is apparently out of date.

DaveWhite
DaveWhite
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
fruitloops101 - 6/26/2023 9:14:30 AM
Tim Dawson - 6/26/2023 9:07:01 AM

Thanks Tim. 
SD customer services confirmed no GAR required ex Ronaldsway to mainland UK.
The information on the IOM government web site which suggests the contrary is apparently out of date.

Unless your arrival airport has a Police Designation, the GAR Guidance document says you DO have to submit z GAR 12 hours in advance.  See Annex B.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search