Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Flarm Signals Not Received Warning

Author
AerialRob
Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Galaxy Tab A7 Lite . Sky demon for Android 3.16.7.27325.
Last three trips when connecting to SkyEcho I get warning that Flarm signals are not being received and I should update SkyDemon on Goggle Play.
Goggle Play does not suggest there is an update and opening App from Goggle Play starts SkyDemon immediately with no noticeable download.
Other GA traffic alerts are showing on tablet with verbal traffic information through headset .

Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
AerialRob - 5/3/2023 8:10:26 PM
Last three trips when connecting to SkyEcho I get warning that Flarm signals are not being received and I should update SkyDemon on Goggle Play.
Goggle Play does not suggest there is an update and opening App from Goggle Play starts SkyDemon immediately with no noticeable download.
Other GA traffic alerts are showing on tablet with verbal traffic information through headset .

There is a a very recent known issue with decoding FLARM signals that SkyDemon is aware of. They are working on a fix...

AerialRob
AerialRob
Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)
Tony N - 5/4/2023 7:24:26 AM
AerialRob - 5/3/2023 8:10:26 PM

There is a a very recent known issue with decoding FLARM signals that SkyDemon is aware of. They are working on a fix...

Thanks Tony N .
I thought I would try android after 6 years using iPhone 6. Very pleased with battery performance ,screen clarity and best of all able to hear speech alerts through radio music input which were inaudible with iPhone. Hopefully Flarm will be resolved soon.

rv8ch
rv8ch
Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)Too Much Forum (162 reputation)
Not sure if it's the same thing, but on a recent flight I saw the error message that since I didn't update my software, SD could no longer decode FLARM signals.  In fact, it didn't even connect to my skyecho2.  

Adding a new step to my pre-flight - ensure that SD and the SE2 talk properly.

AerialRob
AerialRob
SkyDemon have issued update now available on Google Play.
I'm advised this resolves the identified problem.
Download successful and waiting to test on next flight.

Ian
I
Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)
We too have had this message when using our Samsung Galaxy tablet.
However, looking at Google Play (which I admit I'm not familiar with) I can only see a download for the full Sky Demon app - not an update.
I don't particularly want to download the whole thing again and anyway, the latest update to SD wasn't anything to do with Flarm.
How come an update hasn't been offered when starting up SD, in the usual way?
Any ideas where to obtain an update to deal with this problem?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
This was only a problem for around 3 days at the start of this month. The problem was resolved in the course of the usual software update process. If you're running the latest version, you won't be affected.
Ian
I
Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)
Thank you. Yes the update appears to have worked.
My iPad offers updates and asks if I want to install them.
However the Android tablet has not offered any updates, hence it being out of date.
You have go go onto Google Play and look for updates.
Not sure how you are supposed to know that it’s due an update.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
SkyDemon does inform you, via a message box, if there is a newer version available than the one you are using. If you dismiss that message box, you won't see it again until there's an even newer version.

I believe you can set Google Play to update apps automatically but I'm not an expert on their store.

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
It's also possible to force Google Play to look for updates that you might have missed.

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search