Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Sateliteimage

Author
j
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello
I have taken authorization for VFR night and have a proposal for a function.
If something happens and you have to make an emergency landing in the dark, it is not possible to see a good landing spot from the air, it is not possible to see what is forest or field.
In such a situation I would switch to satellite image in skydemon then I can see where it is possible to land
But for it to work well it would need a selection so the satellite image opens with my position in the center and then follows my position in the same way as Google Map, 
Possibly a airplane symbol instead of blue dot.

Today, when I open the satellite image in skydemon, I have to look for my position myself

efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
A man taking flying lessons at night. Instructor has allowed the pilot’s wife to sit in the back seat and fly with them. After a while the lady asks the instructor what he would do should the engine quit working. ‘I’d switch on the landing lights and look for a suitable field to land the aircraft,’ he replies. ‘And what would you do if you don”t find a suitable field?’ ‘I would switch off the landing lights!’ 😂

Sorry for being off topic.
Eric

Martin Bech
Martin Bech
Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)
I support investigating the idea having the possibility switching to aeral view.
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)
Martin Bech - 2/26/2023 9:25:01 AM
I support investigating the idea having the possibility switching to aeral view.

+1

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search