Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Search for restricted (EDR) airspace (Germany)

Author
U
Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I was looking for a ED-R airspace (I thought it was 135 - it’s actually 135a).

If I enter ‘edr135’ in the “find” option, I get no result.
If however, in enter ‘edr135a’ the restricted airspace is shown.

Is there a setting I’m missing, or is it a bug in the find code that doesn’t show all edr135 possibilities?

It’d be good to see all suggestions.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
There's no bug, if you're looking for an exact identifier, you must type the exact identifier. That way, the search performs better. We could consider changing this behaviour in the future if it turns out lots of people would rather include partial matches for airspace searches.
efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 1/6/2023 12:15:34 PM
There's no bug, if you're looking for an exact identifier, you must type the exact identifier. That way, the search performs better. We could consider changing this behaviour in the future if it turns out lots of people would rather include partial matches for airspace searches.

I vote for including partial matches. 

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
How much of the identifier would you expect to have to type before you get results?
efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 1/16/2023 10:37:54 AM
How much of the identifier would you expect to have to type before you get results?

Reason: the first 3 determine country and type of area (restricted, prohibited, danger). Every area consists at least of one more digit.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search