Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

How to change a route in flight.

Author
R
Too Much Forum (101 reputation)Too Much Forum (101 reputation)Too Much Forum (101 reputation)Too Much Forum (101 reputation)Too Much Forum (101 reputation)Too Much Forum (101 reputation)Too Much Forum (101 reputation)Too Much Forum (101 reputation)Too Much Forum (101 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When flying on a desired route, it sometimes happens that the route is blocked due to weather.

Often one has created another route to the same airport.
E.g. in the mountains over another pass.

How to change to the other route in flight?
What is the best method please ?
I didn't find any instruction and didn't want to try it out in flight.

Any suggeestions ?

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
RainerM - 8/31/2022 6:58:10 PM
When flying on a desired route, it sometimes happens that the route is blocked due to weather.

Often one has created another route to the same airport.
E.g. in the mountains over another pass.

How to change to the other route in flight?
What is the best method please ?
I didn't find any instruction and didn't want to try it out in flight.

Any suggeestions ?

Press the SkyDemon logo top left > Route > Open route.

Unless you have a rock solid internet connection while airborne the route will have to have been saved locally on the device.

Top tip: You can try out lots of things, or explore the features, safely by using 'Simulation' mode.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
You can also tap a leg to unlock it, then rubber-band it as usual to plan diversions on the fly.
RainerM
R
Too Much Forum (101 reputation)Too Much Forum (101 reputation)Too Much Forum (101 reputation)Too Much Forum (101 reputation)Too Much Forum (101 reputation)Too Much Forum (101 reputation)Too Much Forum (101 reputation)Too Much Forum (101 reputation)Too Much Forum (101 reputation)
To modify the route with the rubberband mode wasn't an option.
I intended to fly from LOAZ (Zell am See) via Hochtor Pass to LOWK (Klagenfurt)
The pass I then found blocked by clouds, so I used the route via Radstädter Tauerpass which was open.
Since I wasn't sure what would happen during flight, I left SkyDemon alone and flew the route by memory.

I will definitely try the suggested idea in simulation mode.
Thanks for that.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search