Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Cycle between route waypoints

Author
R
Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello, I'm testing SD for android  version 3.16.3.21673 and I want to cycle between route waypoints while I'm flying, I mean. I have a route with waypoints A,B,C,D and E. I'm in the leg from A to B and I want to go to D. I know I can tap on the magnifier and search for D. That's ok but when I'm about to reach D, I want to go to B. If I tap on the magnifier, B isn't there.
On other program I have as moving map, I can tap on Next/Prev buton and that change my destination waypoint. That is the behavior I'm looking for on SD.

Thanks in advance.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
That behaviour doesn't exist in SkyDemon. If you want to alter your planned route you can do so, by rubber-banding or by taking a shortcut or by routing directly to any waypoint. What you're describing - setting the next waypoint to something other than the waypoint at the end of the leg you're navigating - isn't possible in SkyDemon.
Ricardo
R
Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 7/11/2022 9:49:33 AM
That behaviour doesn't exist in SkyDemon. If you want to alter your planned route you can do so, by rubber-banding or by taking a shortcut or by routing directly to any waypoint. What you're describing - setting the next waypoint to something other than the waypoint at the end of the leg you're navigating - isn't possible in SkyDemon.

I see. Has anybody asked this before? I mean, VFR flying should be very flexible, cyrcling between your route waypoints should be something not very weird for a VFR pilot in fact, it can be done on other vfr moving map software. Think about it, just two buttons , Next/Prev.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
It was asked for a few times in our early days, but that's ten years ago. It's just a matter of what you're used to. If you want to go flying without a particular plan, as it sounds in this case, you might be better off planning a "local route" in SkyDemon, where you just declare you'll be flying within X miles of your airfield. That gives you a NOTAM and weather brief appropriate to that area. In flight, you can always re-plan on the go with a couple of touches of the map, which will give you a route direct from your current position to any waypoint.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search