SkyDemon Forums

Cycle between route waypoints

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic35262.aspx

By Ricardo - 7/10/2022 4:42:04 PM

Hello, I'm testing SD for android  version 3.16.3.21673 and I want to cycle between route waypoints while I'm flying, I mean. I have a route with waypoints A,B,C,D and E. I'm in the leg from A to B and I want to go to D. I know I can tap on the magnifier and search for D. That's ok but when I'm about to reach D, I want to go to B. If I tap on the magnifier, B isn't there.
On other program I have as moving map, I can tap on Next/Prev buton and that change my destination waypoint. That is the behavior I'm looking for on SD.

Thanks in advance.
By Tim Dawson - 7/12/2022 9:07:04 AM

It was asked for a few times in our early days, but that's ten years ago. It's just a matter of what you're used to. If you want to go flying without a particular plan, as it sounds in this case, you might be better off planning a "local route" in SkyDemon, where you just declare you'll be flying within X miles of your airfield. That gives you a NOTAM and weather brief appropriate to that area. In flight, you can always re-plan on the go with a couple of touches of the map, which will give you a route direct from your current position to any waypoint.