Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

TRA surrounding G7 summit at Elmau, Germany

Author
I
Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
planning a trip from southern Germany to Italy over the weekend, I noticed that while the TRA LOWI is depicted nicely on the map during its time of activation, the German part is not shown. Only minor hint is NOTAM 12/22 which refers to changes in times of activation, but no other reference to the TRA.
Is this just me or something with the database? Other TRAs scheduled in German airspace are shown on my device during their respective times of activation.

Thanks,
Ibex

Edit - docs for reference:

Edited 6/23/2022 6:44:26 PM by Ibex
Ibex
I
Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)
Ibex - 6/23/2022 4:12:31 PM
Hi,
planning a trip from southern Germany to Italy over the weekend, I noticed that while the TRA LOWI is depicted nicely on the map during its time of activation, the German part is not shown. Only minor hint is NOTAM 12/22 which refers to changes in times of activation, but no other reference to the TRA.
Is this just me or something with the database? Other TRAs scheduled in German airspace are shown on my device during their respective times of activation.

Thanks,
Ibex

Update: the RAs now also show within German Airspace within the times published in the SUP. Updated times of activation published via NOTAM, but not depicted on charts (Saturday afternoon). I guess that is what it is supposed to be?

- Ibex

Ibex
I
Ibex - 6/24/2022 6:45:41 AM
Ibex - 6/23/2022 4:12:31 PM
Hi,

Thanks,
Ibex

Update: the RAs now also show within German Airspace within the times published in the SUP. Updated times of activation published via NOTAM, but not depicted on charts (Saturday afternoon). I guess that is what it is supposed to be?

- Ibex

Update #2: The Austrian TRA LOWI has now disappeared (no longer depicted on the map)

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
We show temporarily-established airspace as defined in AIP SUP or NOTAM, but only during the time they're active plus a couple of days beforehand. It is normal that on 23rd June, when you created this ticket, restricted airspace established from 26th June would not be showing.

There was a late-notice NOTAM published adjusting the start date from 26th June to 25th June, this would not have been depicted graphically in SkyDemon due to the late notice of the change, but information would of course have been shown about the change in the NOTAM briefing.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search