Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

GPS/Positioning problem

Author
A
Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all,
I tried looking through the forum for a solution but couldn't find any. I am using the latest version of SD on a Samsung S10 phone and Samsung Galaxy tablet A8. It works on the phone but not on the tablet. It searches for the my position but can't find it and sometimes it just gives me an error message. I've gone through the settings and permissions and it all should work. Any solutions?

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
Azam - 3/10/2022 7:55:08 AM
Hi all,
I tried looking through the forum for a solution but couldn't find any. I am using the latest version of SD on a Samsung S10 phone and Samsung Galaxy tablet A8. It works on the phone but not on the tablet. It searches for the my position but can't find it and sometimes it just gives me an error message. I've gone through the settings and permissions and it all should work. Any solutions?

Hi Azam

I'm using SD on a Samsung Galaxy A8 tablet without any problems. Can you explain the nature of your problem in greater detail please? Silly question perhaps, but are you sure that you have Location Services enabled?

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

Azam
A
Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)
Sky Painter - 3/10/2022 11:30:50 AM
Hi all,

Hi Azam

I'm using SD on a Samsung Galaxy A8 tablet without any problems. Can you explain the nature of your problem in greater detail please? Silly question perhaps, but are you sure that you have Location Services enabled?

Hi Mike,

Yes of course, I have enabled location services and high accuracy. I have the same settings on my phone. When I press start flying it says "waiting for location data" and nothing happens. When I press the button on the bottom right corner to indicate position it says "location data cannot be obtained". Can I trouble you to attach some screenshots of your settings? Thanks!

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
Azam - 3/10/2022 11:42:32 AM
Hi all,

Hi Azam

Hi Mike,

Yes of course, I have enabled location services and high accuracy. I have the same settings on my phone. When I press start flying it says "waiting for location data" and nothing happens. When I press the button on the bottom right corner to indicate position it says "location data cannot be obtained". Can I trouble you to attach some screenshots of your settings? Thanks!

Hi Azam

Are you wanting tablet settings or SD settings? It might be worth going to the Location settings and checking under App Permissions that you have given SD permission to use Location Services.

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

Azam
A
Sky Painter - 3/10/2022 5:01:22 PM
Azam - 3/10/2022 11:42:32 AM
Hi all,

Hi Azam

Hi Mike,

Hi Azam

Are you wanting tablet settings or SD settings? It might be worth going to the Location settings and checking under App Permissions that you have given SD permission to use Location Services.

Hi Mike,
Tablet settings I presume. Or do I need to fix any settings in SD? I've checked the permissions and they are all set. 

BJS
B
Too Much Forum (179 reputation)Too Much Forum (179 reputation)Too Much Forum (179 reputation)Too Much Forum (179 reputation)Too Much Forum (179 reputation)Too Much Forum (179 reputation)Too Much Forum (179 reputation)Too Much Forum (179 reputation)Too Much Forum (179 reputation)
Azam - 3/10/2022 5:13:58 PM

Hi Mike,
Tablet settings I presume. Or do I need to fix any settings in SD? I've checked the permissions and they are all set. 

If you hit Fly and Use Location Services it should work on the A8 without anything else. Does your A8 GPS work with another app, i.e. car navigation or maps? Just to make sure your GPS is working at all.

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
BJS makes a good point. Try opening Google Maps and go for a walk or a drive and see if your location is updating. If not, then your GPS chip is faulty.

There are no relevant settings in SD to check and if you have Location Services ON and enabled for SD, then SD should work just fine.

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

Azam
A
Sky Painter - 3/11/2022 11:25:48 AM
BJS makes a good point. Try opening Google Maps and go for a walk or a drive and see if your location is updating. If not, then your GPS chip is faulty.

There are no relevant settings in SD to check and if you have Location Services ON and enabled for SD, then SD should work just fine.

Hi all,

Sorry for late reply. I tried walking around with Google maps outside. It did eventually pick up my GPS signal. It also took a while for SD to pick it up. I guess it needed some "warming up". 

Thanks for all your help!

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Azam - 3/16/2022 7:11:56 AM
Sky Painter - 3/11/2022 11:25:48 AM

Hi all,

Sorry for late reply. I tried walking around with Google maps outside. It did eventually pick up my GPS signal. It also took a while for SD to pick it up. I guess it needed some "warming up". 

Thanks for all your help!

Pleased that you've got it sorted.

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore