SkyDemon Forums

GPS/Positioning problem

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic34720.aspx

By Azam - 3/16/2022 7:11:56 AM

Sky Painter - 3/11/2022 11:25:48 AM
BJS makes a good point. Try opening Google Maps and go for a walk or a drive and see if your location is updating. If not, then your GPS chip is faulty.

There are no relevant settings in SD to check and if you have Location Services ON and enabled for SD, then SD should work just fine.

Hi all,

Sorry for late reply. I tried walking around with Google maps outside. It did eventually pick up my GPS signal. It also took a while for SD to pick it up. I guess it needed some "warming up". 

Thanks for all your help!
By Sky Painter - 3/16/2022 12:36:00 PM

Azam - 3/16/2022 7:11:56 AM
Sky Painter - 3/11/2022 11:25:48 AM
BJS makes a good point. Try opening Google Maps and go for a walk or a drive and see if your location is updating. If not, then your GPS chip is faulty.

There are no relevant settings in SD to check and if you have Location Services ON and enabled for SD, then SD should work just fine.

Hi all,

Sorry for late reply. I tried walking around with Google maps outside. It did eventually pick up my GPS signal. It also took a while for SD to pick it up. I guess it needed some "warming up". 

Thanks for all your help!

Pleased that you've got it sorted.
By Azam - 3/10/2022 7:55:08 AM

Hi all,
I tried looking through the forum for a solution but couldn't find any. I am using the latest version of SD on a Samsung S10 phone and Samsung Galaxy tablet A8. It works on the phone but not on the tablet. It searches for the my position but can't find it and sometimes it just gives me an error message. I've gone through the settings and permissions and it all should work. Any solutions?