Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

W&B Planning for De-ice fluid

Author
m
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
How do you use SD to account for De-ice fluid? If you enter it as fuel it affects the Fuel Calculations and assumes equal burn through the flight as the actual fuel. If you do it as a static loading point then you can't model max and min affects on envelope 
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
You would just have to enter it as a loading point like any other, and enter a weight for it.
marioair
m
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 1/14/2022 10:09:43 AM
You would just have to enter it as a loading point like any other, and enter a weight for it.

Thanks. Is a feature request possible? to show the impact of the min/max values on the loading sheet? 
i.e

new type of loading point = De-ice fluid with max value setting
impact on loading charts - just shows min and max impact on envelope for starting and end points only

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
I think this will end up being a complexity too far for SkyDemon, but I can move this thread to the Suggestions forum if you'd like input from others?
marioair
m
Tim Dawson - 1/17/2022 9:07:31 AM
I think this will end up being a complexity too far for SkyDemon, but I can move this thread to the Suggestions forum if you'd like input from others?

Sure, happy to see what other's think.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search