Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Android - Flight Planing - In Pilot log TAS is always cruise speed, even on climb-legs

Android - Flight Planing - In Pilot log TAS is always cruise speed,...
Author
N
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear Sky Deamons and pilots,

I have the problem, that I defined for my aircraft two cruise-profiles (normal and fast), as well as climb and decent profiles. If I plan a route now, my three first legs should be climbing, which is shown in the altitude profile in the bottom, but if I create the pilots log, the Altitude is always given with the altitude of the final cruise altitude, which is reached only 2 legs later, and the TAS is always given in cruise speed, although it should be slower in climbing. I would expect SD to insert this automatically, but I cannot even manually change the leg to cruise. I can only chose there between the two different cruise-Profiles. Why is that? And is there a way around this?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
That is indeed the way SkyDemon works. The TAS column in the PLOG is supposed to tell you what speed you've set for the cruise. If a leg happens to be climbing or descending, its value is not relevant. We like the simplicity of this. Behind the scenes SkyDemon is calculating the timings and fuel consumption accurately, but this is just the question of what we show in the PLOG.

The alternative wouldn't be clear for legs that are partly in a climb/descent and partly in cruise, and it's also not clear even for legs wholly in a cruise or descent because the TAS will vary over the course of the leg as altitude is gained or lost.

NNR
N
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)
Ah, OK, thanx for the quick reply!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search