Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Landing times during flight training

Author
Ontario
Too Much Forum (151 reputation)Too Much Forum (151 reputation)Too Much Forum (151 reputation)Too Much Forum (151 reputation)Too Much Forum (151 reputation)Too Much Forum (151 reputation)Too Much Forum (151 reputation)Too Much Forum (151 reputation)Too Much Forum (151 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Guess everyone of us has done those traffic pattern flying with touch-and-go over and over again during flight training. If I do so having SkyDemon logging, how do I get the times of every landing listed? Not only first start and last landing but a list of all in between?

Thanks 
Ontario 

Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)Too Much Forum (399 reputation)
It would be nice to have such feature and it seem relatively easy to implement by making the app count your laps as soon as your gps crosses a certain (manually picked) point at a preselected altitude with some kind of ±30 ft margin, because most gps's are less accurate at measuring vertical distance. It's especially useful for student pilots, because when things gets really busy and you have a carousel of other aircraft flying with you around the same airstrip, you will inevitably lose count of your numbers when something or someone distorts your flying 🙂

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Ontario - 6/12/2021 1:41:54 PM
Guess everyone of us has done those traffic pattern flying with touch-and-go over and over again during flight training. If I do so having SkyDemon logging, how do I get the times of every landing listed? Not only first start and last landing but a list of all in between?

Thanks 
Ontario 

Just open the log file with a simple text editor and get the times to 5 seconds correct.

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
If you open the log of the file, you can drag the little aircraft along the vertical profile with your finger/mouse, and a box showing the elapsed time since start, speed and altitude will pop up next the the aircraft. You can use that to work out the times of landings,

I must admit, it’s the first time in 29 years of flying that I’ve heard of the requirement to record the times of individual landings when doing touch and goes. Is it a club thing?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
If you really do need the times of every touch and go, then like someone else said, the best way would be to open the log and drag the aircraft along. That way you'll see exactly when you dipped down to runway level and at what time that occurred.
Ontario
Ontario
Too Much Forum (151 reputation)Too Much Forum (151 reputation)Too Much Forum (151 reputation)Too Much Forum (151 reputation)Too Much Forum (151 reputation)Too Much Forum (151 reputation)Too Much Forum (151 reputation)Too Much Forum (151 reputation)Too Much Forum (151 reputation)
pilot-byom - 6/13/2021 6:56:01 PM
Ontario - 6/12/2021 1:41:54 PM

Thanks 
Ontario 

Just open the log file with a simple text editor and get the times to 5 seconds correct.

An idea I'd come up with by myself, as a dev... :-)

Ontario
Ontario
grahamb - 6/14/2021 12:05:24 AM
If you open the log of the file, you can drag the little aircraft along the vertical profile with your finger/mouse, and a box showing the elapsed time since start, speed and altitude will pop up next the the aircraft. You can use that to work out the times of landings,

I must admit, it’s the first time in 29 years of flying that I’ve heard of the requirement to record the times of individual landings when doing touch and goes. Is it a club thing?

Yep, and about landing fees.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search