Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

English Channel RA(T)

Author
S
Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Can the depiction of the English Channel  RA(T) as described in AIC Y 29/2021 be adjusted to reflect the actual airspace more accurately. Currently SD just has a very large circle containing it which extends significantly inland. I appreciate this may be caused by the coding of the AIS at source rather than a SD problem but it would be useful to have it displayed in a useful manner. Thank you.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Can you be specific about what you're referring to? On my screen I can see that SkyDemon has successfully decoded most (if not all) of the British NOTAM, showing each of the areas as precise polygons.

The French NOTAM is lazily constructed with no polygons in it, and is therefore presented as a big circle, but you still have the British NOTAMs to show you where the areas are.

SamW
S
Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)
Hi Tim,
Yes you are correct it is the French one that is badly plotted, as suspected due to bad data at source.  It’s just a bit confusing having it there as it’s not obviously the same as the uk NOTAM due to it being plotted differently.... not sure of a smart solution though?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Neither am I. Probably it might involve cooperation between the two NOTAM agencies, but that seems unlikely.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search