Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SD on windows hangs when away while reading documentation / planning

Author
c
Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

Using Skydemon 3.15.1.0 on windows, I'm reading some documents. So I click on the documents, the popup window opens, and I slowly go through the various docs I want to read. A few times, skydemon was 'hanging' when I came back to the document browser. Whatever I do, windows beeps at me as the window is not active.

I think what happens is that skydemon tried to open the 'are you still there?' popup, that failed (at least I don't see it), but the document window, and the main skydemon window both refuse all input (my guess: because the AYT-popup took the input away) . alt-f4 is also not working.

When I open the taskmanager to stop SD, and restart, everything is back to normal.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
How strange. I don't recognise what you're seeing, but we'll try making that window appear in the taskbar in future, and see if that helps.
ExternalUse
E
Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 4/6/2021 9:10:54 AM
How strange. I don't recognise what you're seeing, but we'll try making that window appear in the taskbar in future, and see if that helps.

Could the "Skydemon offline" be configured please? At my home computer I don't care how much bandwidth it's using, and often have the window open for long periods of time. The prompt is comparatively annoying - maybe an option "take offline after... minutes" or sth similar could be introduced?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
You may not care, but we care. We have alternative licenses available if you wish your SkyDemon to remain open as a permanent briefing facility, but that's not how regular SkyDemon is designed to be used (permanently connected).
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search