Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Any lockdown concessions from SkyDemon or Pooleys?

Author
F
Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I've just had my renewal notice for my second year. I can't delay renewing for risk of being a new customer again when signing up but it's hard to cough up over £100 when I haven't been able to fly for several months and the next few months are still uncertain.

Many of my other subs for things that have been curtailed due to lockdown are now offering 14-18 months for 12 etc. Any plans SkyDemon might offer this?

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
Fright Level - 2/20/2021 2:41:02 PM
I've just had my renewal notice for my second year. I can't delay renewing for risk of being a new customer again when signing up but it's hard to cough up over £100 when I haven't been able to fly for several months and the next few months are still uncertain.

Many of my other subs for things that have been curtailed due to lockdown are now offering 14-18 months for 12 etc. Any plans SkyDemon might offer this?

I think your request might carry some weight if the SkyDemon team had downed tools for the period, but they haven't.

Each month, all the AIRAC changes to airspace and AIPs have been delivered on time, all the met and NOTAM have been supplied without interruption for those that can use it. At the same time, the team have delivered additional functionality notably most recently the 'Flyable' overlay, are working still on future developments, and had to maintain the excellent support service to those that need it.

The customer base is pan-Europe, and many pilots have been able to keep flying, while others have had enforced breaks, so Tim and team have kept the lights on and the factory running. I do not begrudge one bit paying my full subscription as normal, on time, for a continued service. 

In the big picture of pandemic impact, the 'loss' associated with not being able to exercise the benefits of SkyDemon is bugger-all.

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)
Fright Level - 2/20/2021 2:41:02 PM

Just curious - What brings you to the strange belief a subscription has to continue? I don‘t see that written anywhere! Further on, it is also not my experience. As long as you don‘t cancel and delete, you can still be a dormant customer without a current subscription. Yes, I had years without valid renewal and came back to revitalize, so where does the, as I feel mis-, belief has its origin?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Lots and lots of customers have let their subscriptions lapse while they're unable to fly. There's no penalty to doing so, you can renew for the normal price whenever you're able to fly again.
Fright Level
F
Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)
Thank you Tim, I was under the misguided belief that the subscription must remain continuous not to pay the first year loading again. It was that word seen on US charts "contiguous" that was rolling around in my head. I'll pause my subs until the hangar door is unlocked again! Hopefully not too long.

adhawkins
adhawkins
Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)
There's no financial penalty, but when I asked I was told that my online data could be deleted 6 months after I let my subscription lapse.

This might be a factor for some.

Andy

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)
adhawkins - 2/22/2021 5:20:10 PM
There's no financial penalty, but when I asked I was told that my online data could be deleted 6 months after I let my subscription lapse.

This might be a factor for some.

Andy

I am surprised they keep it that long for courtesy! I would expect grace periods of maybe a month or so.

But, what possible impact could that have? Your data is stored and stays on every device and most people also use PC Plan. So, you do have copies on every mobile device, you have a copy on your PC, you have copies in your backups of these devices and when you reactivate, they'll all get uploaded again. To loose your data, you have to delete the app from all devices, uninstall the PC version, throw away all your backups and the copies you kept separate anyways, hopefully. How likely is that?

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search