SkyDemon Forums

Any lockdown concessions from SkyDemon or Pooleys?

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic32882.aspx

By Fright Level - 2/20/2021 2:41:02 PM

I've just had my renewal notice for my second year. I can't delay renewing for risk of being a new customer again when signing up but it's hard to cough up over £100 when I haven't been able to fly for several months and the next few months are still uncertain.

Many of my other subs for things that have been curtailed due to lockdown are now offering 14-18 months for 12 etc. Any plans SkyDemon might offer this?
By pilot-byom - 2/23/2021 8:16:48 AM

adhawkins - 2/22/2021 5:20:10 PM
There's no financial penalty, but when I asked I was told that my online data could be deleted 6 months after I let my subscription lapse.

This might be a factor for some.

Andy

I am surprised they keep it that long for courtesy! I would expect grace periods of maybe a month or so.

But, what possible impact could that have? Your data is stored and stays on every device and most people also use PC Plan. So, you do have copies on every mobile device, you have a copy on your PC, you have copies in your backups of these devices and when you reactivate, they'll all get uploaded again. To loose your data, you have to delete the app from all devices, uninstall the PC version, throw away all your backups and the copies you kept separate anyways, hopefully. How likely is that?