Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Missing Controlled Airspace around Spanish Airways?

Author
j
Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello gents,

I was planning some low level IFR flights in Spain and found some issues with the depiction of airspace around some airways.
In Spain, all airways are controlled airspace, at least Class D for low level and Class C for high level.

Let's take for instance the H230 low level airway between HIJ and USOKO. If we plan a route at FL140, according to SkyDemon this segment will lie entirely outside CAS (or OCAS for short). You can see this by looking at the vertical view on the bottom. 

However, if I go to the AIP it says the following:

The airspace is Class D and controlled by Sevilla or Madrid ACC

Shouldn't SkyDemon hence display a "tube" of CAS around airways, just like it does in Scotland for instance?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will speak to the Spanish authorities and see what they have to say.
jaimebeneyto
j
Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)
Happy to help, Tim.

For information, the AIP documents that detail all Spanish AWYs are the following:

This details the width of the AWYs. They are all at least Class C above FL145 and Class D below FL145. When the airway routes through CAS of a higher Class, it becomes that Class. Note that there are a few segments of some airways which are Class F. I thought F didn't exist in Europe and I found it!

These documents are available as CSV files also.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search