Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Skydemon / Skyview / skyecho2

Author
nje
Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Good Afternoon all
I intend to buy Skyecho2 but I’m concerned that I could have a problem so could do with some advice before purchase  if anyone could help please.
I fly an  aircraft fitted Dynon Skyview touch. I plan my routes on my iPad with skydemon and then transfer them to Skyview, this means that when using the autopilot I can make any changes to the route via my iPad and just transfer the changes as they are made. The reason for this is that pocket fms is installed on Skyview and I don’t use it.
The problem I think I might have is because of the following.
I link my iPad (skydemon) to the Skyview by 
clicking ‘third party  devices’ > Dynon Skyview. 
Then  ‘go flying > ‘use Dynon Skyview’
So I’m getting my gps  signal from Skyview. 

I realise that under go flying there is the option to click on skyecho2  as an alternative, but I don’t know whether or not the autopilot would continue to respond to my iPad if I use the gps of skyecho2
I’m probably over thinking this and hope that someone has a similar setup that could advise.
I also note that under third party devices where I click on Dynon Skyview that there is also the option to click on ‘skyecho2’ as well so I’m assuming that my iPad can be connected to both devices at the same time.
Sorry that this goes on a bit but I don’t want to waste my money buying something I can’t use.
Thanks in advance

TouchTheSky
T
Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)
nje - 1/20/2021 3:49:52 PM
Good Afternoon all
I intend to buy Skyecho2 but I’m concerned that I could have a problem so could do with some advice before purchase  if anyone could help please.
I fly an  aircraft fitted Dynon Skyview touch. I plan my routes on my iPad with skydemon and then transfer them to Skyview, this means that when using the autopilot I can make any changes to the route via my iPad and just transfer the changes as they are made. The reason for this is that pocket fms is installed on Skyview and I don’t use it.
The problem I think I might have is because of the following.
I link my iPad (skydemon) to the Skyview by 
clicking ‘third party  devices’ > Dynon Skyview. 
Then  ‘go flying > ‘use Dynon Skyview’
So I’m getting my gps  signal from Skyview. 

I realise that under go flying there is the option to click on skyecho2  as an alternative, but I don’t know whether or not the autopilot would continue to respond to my iPad if I use the gps of skyecho2
I’m probably over thinking this and hope that someone has a similar setup that could advise.
I also note that under third party devices where I click on Dynon Skyview that there is also the option to click on ‘skyecho2’ as well so I’m assuming that my iPad can be connected to both devices at the same time.
Sorry that this goes on a bit but I don’t want to waste my money buying something I can’t use.
Thanks in advance

I fully understand your thoughts, I am also using SkyDemon combined with Dynon SkyView and although I don't have an autopilot, I am synchronizing both devices. Keep in mind that your autopilot exclusively relies on your Dynon GPS and not at all on SkyDemon. So if you connect your SkyDemon iPad with SkyEcho, your autopilot is unaffected but you won't be able to synchronize your flightplans any more as you can only connect to one WiFi at a time.

nje
nje
Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)
TouchTheSky- thanks for that info, very much appreciated.
So that clears up the GPS connection but under the ‘third party devices’  in skydemon on my iPad it gives the impression that you can have two units connected.
I.e. Skyecho2 in the top section of the list and then Dynon Skyview  in the lower part of the selection. Can anyone confirm if this is the case or is it an either or situation?
Thanks

Edited 1/21/2021 7:34:15 AM by nje
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
By turning on both, you are merely making both available as options for connecting to. You cannot connect to both at the same time.
nje
nje
Tim Dawson - 1/21/2021 10:04:36 AM
By turning on both, you are merely making both available as options for connecting to. You cannot connect to both at the same time.

Thank you Tim for clearing that up for me.
I have to make a decision now whether or not to go ahead with skyecho2

Carlos Cameirinha
C
Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)
nje - 1/20/2021 3:49:52 PM
"The reason for this is that pocket fms is installed on Skyview and I don’t use it."

Hi!

I would like to know if you can send the airport, charts, obstacles data to the skyview from Skydemon without the need for Pocket FMS.
I just bought an aircraft with a Skyview in it and asking the Dynon for how to fully update, they suggested I should subscribe to Pocket FMS. I would rather use Skydemon but will it do the same as Pocket FMS?

Thank you.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
No, SkyDemon is not a source of aeronautical data for third-party systems.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search