SkyDemon Forums

Skydemon / Skyview / skyecho2

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic32710.aspx

By Cameirinha - 4/14/2021 8:17:42 PM

nje - 1/20/2021 3:49:52 PM
"The reason for this is that pocket fms is installed on Skyview and I don’t use it."

Hi!

I would like to know if you can send the airport, charts, obstacles data to the skyview from Skydemon without the need for Pocket FMS.
I just bought an aircraft with a Skyview in it and asking the Dynon for how to fully update, they suggested I should subscribe to Pocket FMS. I would rather use Skydemon but will it do the same as Pocket FMS?

Thank you.
By Tim Dawson - 4/15/2021 9:45:56 AM

No, SkyDemon is not a source of aeronautical data for third-party systems.
By nje - 1/20/2021 3:49:52 PM

Good Afternoon all
I intend to buy Skyecho2 but I’m concerned that I could have a problem so could do with some advice before purchase  if anyone could help please.
I fly an  aircraft fitted Dynon Skyview touch. I plan my routes on my iPad with skydemon and then transfer them to Skyview, this means that when using the autopilot I can make any changes to the route via my iPad and just transfer the changes as they are made. The reason for this is that pocket fms is installed on Skyview and I don’t use it.
The problem I think I might have is because of the following.
I link my iPad (skydemon) to the Skyview by 
clicking ‘third party  devices’ > Dynon Skyview. 
Then  ‘go flying > ‘use Dynon Skyview’
So I’m getting my gps  signal from Skyview. 

I realise that under go flying there is the option to click on skyecho2  as an alternative, but I don’t know whether or not the autopilot would continue to respond to my iPad if I use the gps of skyecho2
I’m probably over thinking this and hope that someone has a similar setup that could advise.
I also note that under third party devices where I click on Dynon Skyview that there is also the option to click on ‘skyecho2’ as well so I’m assuming that my iPad can be connected to both devices at the same time.
Sorry that this goes on a bit but I don’t want to waste my money buying something I can’t use.
Thanks in advance