Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Custom objects to the map?

Author
b
Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi! 
Is it possible to add custom objects to the base vector map? As churches are quite common to use as navigation aids in VFR, I would like to add them to the map. 

* For now I have created a Waypoint folder, where all the churches go, but lack of a church symbol makes it to look rather terrible on the map. 
* I've tried to add a custom data layer (obstructions) with "Place of Worship" type. But they all shows with an "antenna" symbol. Also the name is not written on the map, and they are not searchable

Castles seems to (sometimes) be included in the basemap with a brown icon - is it possible to add such custom objects? They look nice... However they seems not to be searchable either?

(errormessages when including images in topic, see screenshot here: http://www.boztrom.com/skydemon/slott.jpg )

// björn

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
No, you cannot create such custom objects on the map in SkyDemon.

You could use an emoji for a user waypoint name, but I don't know if that would help.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search