Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Off block time

Author
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Whenever I start the engine, I tap ‘Log Engine Start’. When I start to taxi (from hangar to apron) SD automatically starts counting the off block time. When I stop on the apron and let the engine warm up, the off block time counter stops counting, restarting to count when I taxi to the holding point.
I. e., the off block time is measured as the time I’m moving (on the ground), and not for the time I hold position after I have moved.

My understanding of the off block time has always been as the time between when I start to taxi and the time I end taxying after I have landed. Am I wrong?

Best
Eric

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
SkyDemon should log "off blocks" automatically when you first start moving after logging the engine start. It should not log "on blocks" until you stop for the final time after your flight.
tschnell
tschnell
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
My observation is that the block time-counter stops counting while you are not moving on the ground and resumes when you start moving again. The counter however seems to continue running in the background even while you are stopped. So in the end it displays the correct block time as defined by FCL.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
That's right. It stops counting because if you remain stopped, that was the correct time. As soon as you start, it knows that wasn't your final stop so keeps going from where it left off.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search