Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Connection issue with SkyEcho 2

Author
Boeingboy
Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)Too Much Forum (106 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Tim Dawson - 8/29/2023 9:32:44 AM
If we just switched back to internal GPS without first getting your explicit approval, how would you know that you were no longer receiving traffic and that your traffic receiver had failed?

Sorry for the slow reply Tim, I've only just seen your question. 
I was not suggesting that SD seeks the tablet's internal GPS without notification. However at present all we get is a warning that the signal has been lost. If at the same time a prompt 'Continue with Location Services?' was offered, a quick press of 'Yes' would keep things going much more safely than having to stop navigation and restart the flight using an alternative GPS source. 

Sadly I'm getting an increased frequency of SE2 dropping outs but these seem to be WiFi losses. As I have a hotspot active in my Avidyne 440 I suspect my Android tablet might be seeking the internet and is jumping to an alternative network in search of it. As mentioned above, selecting flight mode might help. 

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
But you don't need to stop navigation at all. If we lose contact with your traffic device, the banner says so quite clearly. If you click the ? button (on the left) of the banner, SkyDemon will offer to revert to internal GPS until your device comes back online. It works quite seamlessly, you just need to explicitly tell us you want to.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search