Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Connection issue with SkyEcho 2

Author
j
Too Much Forum (158 reputation)Too Much Forum (158 reputation)Too Much Forum (158 reputation)Too Much Forum (158 reputation)Too Much Forum (158 reputation)Too Much Forum (158 reputation)Too Much Forum (158 reputation)Too Much Forum (158 reputation)Too Much Forum (158 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have recently changed from Pilot Aware to SkyEcho2 for my EC device. I barely ever had any disconnection issue with PAW (I can recall 2 in over 2 years and always short-lived ones). I have been using SE2 for a few weeks now and get long disconnections every other flight. While in flight, SkyDemon shows the “Device Offline for XX seconds” pop-up for extended periods of time on my iPad. SE2’s GPS light remains green throughout the flight.

When checking the trace on Fligthradar24, my flights are perfectly recorded with no missing leg (was not the case with PAW). It does not seem to be a problem with the SE2 GPS receiver or ADS-B emitter.

There is still some issue with the Wifi connection between SD and SE2. Am I the only one with this issue? What can be done about it?

Here are my specs:
iPad Pro iOS14.1 running SD 3.14.5
iPhone X iOS 14.1
SE2 with firmware 0.2.26 (WiFi) and 2.6.9 (ADS-B)
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When this happens, you need to check whether your iPad itself has disconnected itself from the SkyEcho's wifi hotspot. If this happens, there's nothing we can do about it from the SkyDemon side but you might be able to fix it with the iPad wifi configuration.

The next version of SkyDemon will tell you in the warning message if you've become disconnected from the SkyEcho's wifi.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search