Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Touch and go planning

Author
L
Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
This is my first post so I take this opportunity to greet everyone.
I searched the forum before posting, but what I found was not exactly what I'm looking for. The scenario is flight planning from A to B with a touch and go in C, which is in the middle between A and B. Of course I can add C to my route, but how to say to SD that I want to land in C and then proceed to B? I mean, descending, then landing, then climbing again in one single route.

Thanks everybody.

Lozzi

chrisn
c
Too Much Forum (266 reputation)Too Much Forum (266 reputation)Too Much Forum (266 reputation)Too Much Forum (266 reputation)Too Much Forum (266 reputation)Too Much Forum (266 reputation)Too Much Forum (266 reputation)Too Much Forum (266 reputation)Too Much Forum (266 reputation)
Lozzi - 10/21/2020 4:32:18 PM
This is my first post so I take this opportunity to greet everyone.
I searched the forum before posting, but what I found was not exactly what I'm looking for. The scenario is flight planning from A to B with a touch and go in C, which is in the middle between A and B. Of course I can add C to my route, but how to say to SD that I want to land in C and then proceed to B? I mean, descending, then landing, then climbing again in one single route.

Thanks everybody.

Lozzi

You can select 'land here', but then you split the trip up into two legs, so that's not what you want in this case. I think you could make a very short leg over the runway, and change the altitude to be the same as the airport.

From a quick test in simulate mode, it seems you won't get the 'make approach' button to get help joining left base unless you click the 'land here', but perhaps that if you continue flying after the touch, it automatically switches to the second leg?

Lozzi
L
Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)Forum Member (43 reputation)
chrisn - 10/21/2020 8:06:05 PM

I think you could make a very short leg over the runway, and change the altitude to be the same as the airport.

Thanks for the reply, chrisn.
As you wrote, actual landing (even for touch and go) is different than flying a very low and short leg over the runway . No 'make approach', incorrect evaluation of times and consumptions, etc. It seems there's no specific function or procedure to handle touch and go within a route...

Lozzi

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)
Performing a touch&go procedure is either low approach like or flying a pattern. When we do training and know we are going to do T&G at a remote airfield, the students lately started to do waypoints for the pattern and do a leg with WP at the two thresholds on airfield elevation. Yes, it is video gaming, but with surprisingly good enough results.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search