Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

NOTAM filters out IFR by default

Author
p
Too Much Forum (119 reputation)Too Much Forum (119 reputation)Too Much Forum (119 reputation)Too Much Forum (119 reputation)Too Much Forum (119 reputation)Too Much Forum (119 reputation)Too Much Forum (119 reputation)Too Much Forum (119 reputation)Too Much Forum (119 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
lmamane - 9/9/2020 2:37:26 PM
pauls - 9/9/2020 11:50:47 AM
Remember a "VFR" pilot is better described as a "VMC" pilot as they can fly IFR too. 

I'm not aware of any possibility for a pilot that doesn't have an IR (if not a "full" ICAO IR, then at least a restricted form of it like the British IR(R), IMC rating or the EASA EIR or BIR), which is what I meant by "VFR pilot", to fly IFR, unless with an IRI (but then the two-person crew has a member with an IR).

You can fly IFR without an IR
Are you confusing IFR with IMC

lmamane
l
Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)
pauls - 9/9/2020 3:12:06 PM
Commission Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011 of 3 November 2011 laying down technical requirements and administrative procedures related to civil aviation aircrew pursuant to Regulation (EC) No 216/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council, Annex I, Subpart G, Section 1, FCL.600:
Except as provided in point FCL.835, operations under IFR on an aeroplane, helicopter, airship or powered-lift aircraft shall be conducted only by holders of a PPL, CPL, MPL and ATPL with an IR appropriate to the category of aircraft or, if an IR appropriate to the category of aircraft is not available, only while undergoing skill testing or dual instruction.
FCL.835 is the BIR, which will enter into force on 8 September 2021.

pauls
p
Too Much Forum (119 reputation)Too Much Forum (119 reputation)Too Much Forum (119 reputation)Too Much Forum (119 reputation)Too Much Forum (119 reputation)Too Much Forum (119 reputation)Too Much Forum (119 reputation)Too Much Forum (119 reputation)Too Much Forum (119 reputation)
lmamane - 9/9/2020 3:31:51 PM
pauls - 9/9/2020 3:12:06 PM
Commission Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011 of 3 November 2011 laying down technical requirements and administrative procedures related to civil aviation aircrew pursuant to Regulation (EC) No 216/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council, Annex I, Subpart G, Section 1, FCL.600:
Except as provided in point FCL.835, operations under IFR on an aeroplane, helicopter, airship or powered-lift aircraft shall be conducted only by holders of a PPL, CPL, MPL and ATPL with an IR appropriate to the category of aircraft or, if an IR appropriate to the category of aircraft is not available, only while undergoing skill testing or dual instruction.
FCL.835 is the BIR, which will enter into force on 8 September 2021.

Sorry I was thinking of IR(R) folks here in the UK.

Anyway, even flying VFR there's plenty of IFR procedures that exist out of controlled airspace that I want to know about.

Going back to the original post - the request is to be able to set and know what setting was used for flight rules, in the NOTAM. I think this is REALLY important / safety of life matter. In the UK the CAA don't recognise things like Skydemon as an authoratative source for NOTAMs - things like this will add weight to that (misplaced) view 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search