Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Connection problems with AirConnect

Author
d
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
I try to connect my Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 (Andorid version 9) via wifi to the AirConnect module. I try to describe how I'm doing that:
1. Open wifi connections
2. Connect with AirConnect wifi
3. Connection is successfully established
4. Open SkyDemon
5. Go to settings and add the AirConnect key (4 digits)
6. Go to flying mode with AirConnect as device
7. The yellow plane and traffic around me is displayed.
Up to this step I think everything should be ok.
8. After a few (2 or 3 minutes) SkyDemon displays a green bar "Seeking GPS satellites"

And this is my problem I like to solve. If I close SkyDemon and open it again, go to flying mode for a few minutes everything is fine. Also if I use the build in GPS sensor everything works fine.

Has anyone any idea what I can try?
I already did all availabe updates on my tablet.
I hope someone can help me Smile
Best regards,
Dieter

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)
If SkyDemon says Seeking GPS Satellites it means it's receiving data from your device, but that your device doesn't currently have a GPS fix available. Usually waiting a while or moving the receiver to a better view of the sky will help.
dieter.s
d
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/26/2020 9:51:13 AM
If SkyDemon says Seeking GPS Satellites it means it's receiving data from your device, but that your device doesn't currently have a GPS fix available. Usually waiting a while or moving the receiver to a better view of the sky will help.

But if the FLARM really losses GPS satellites why is my FLARM display not telling me that?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)
Good question, and I do not know the answer. You may be able to save a log of the output from the device while it's in this state (I know this has been done in the past) and if you send it to us we will be happy to diagnose it for you.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search