Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Aerodrome Designated Points in route planning

Author
dirk64
Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Aerodrome designated points like DW412 (a point of an IFR transition of EDDW) are in the database of Skydemon. If I use if the "Find" tool of the iOS version and enter DW412 I will get the point and if I click on it a yellow marker occurs on the map at the requested position. The yellow marker disappears some seconds later - no way point to select left. 
But if I create a new route e.g. from EDLI to EDDW with DW412 in the route field I get an error: "DW412" is unknown.
On the other hand while flying (from EDLI to EDDW), I can select "DirectTo", "Find", "DW412" and now the way point will be inserted in my PLOG with the correct name and position and with a correct IFR way point marker in the map!
Why is it not possible the use these way points in planning mode?

Thanks Dirk
PS: The behavior of the PC version is nearly the same

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)
This is a bug, thank you for contacting us about it. Such waypoints will be available for use in that window in the next version.
dirk64
dirk64
Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)
Hi Tim,
just tested with the new iOS version 3.13.2.216 - yes it it now working nearly as expected!
Thanks.
I have only one minor issue left: If I have such a waypoint in my plan and open the "whats here" menu on that point, I will get only the coordinates and the possibility to add a user waypoint instead of the point itself. In the PLOG the point is listed with the correct name.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)
Yes, that is currently by design since the waypoint is not actually shown on the map.
jo5ef
jo5ef
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 1/8/2020 10:59:49 AM
Yes, that is currently by design since the waypoint is not actually shown on the map.

Is there a way to show airport designated points on the map?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
I believe some of them are shown if you're in airways mode and you have planned a flight to that airfield.
jo5ef
jo5ef
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)
As far as I can tell it is still not possible to make these "designated airport waypoints" appear on the map (e.g. WW678). They are found by the find feature and can be entered in the "edit route" feature but are then translated to coordinates it seems. Given they are already in the database, why is there such a difference between regular IFR waypoints (e.g. BALAD) and airport designated waypoints (e.g. WW678)?
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)
The problem goes deeper than just that, in that for example, none of the IFR waypoints for the EGBJ (Gloucester) RNP approaches are shown either on the chart of by use of the Find tool. These are all conventionally named IFR waypoints (UVNOP, LAPKU etc).
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search