Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Track radial

Author
Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I’ve just found this feature on SD having used similar OBS on other aircraft GPS units. However I was a little confused initially with the white coloured line leading to the waypoint and the magenta line leading out of the waypoint. Other units would have the colours reversed or am I mistaken?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
I suppose it depends upon what radial you enter; one going in or one going out (according to your flight direction). I cannot comment on what other software does.
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)
Technically, the radial is the line that emanates from the station; in that respect SD does it right.

I suspect the confusion is caused by being used to a VOR display, where one can select a radial, and see a 'to' or 'from' indication according to which side of the station you are. SD has no such explicit indicator, so think of the colour of the line as representing that indicator i.e. magenta = 'from', white = 'to'.

Edited 11/11/2019 1:48:12 PM by grahamb
216engineer
Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)
Yep. I totally understand where you are coming from. 

I used the HSI function and found that it gives the correct indication of the radial/track whether flying into or out from the point.

Is it possible to change the scale of the HSI? Eg a choice of 5, 2.5 and 1.25nm for the 5 dots either side 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search