Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Emmen/Alpnach/Buochs Situation (CH)

Author
Frans
Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
As described in this topic, the situation around the Emmen, Alpnach and Buochs CTR is a bit special. To clarify it shortly:

These three airspaces (class D HX) are only active during military operational hours, and if needed, also outside operational hours. They all have their own Tower frequency to contact ATC, however, they do have a united frequency for airspace activation ("HX Info"). This means, if you want to know which CTR is active, you have to monitor the airspace activation frequency (134,130). This is a kind of "ATIS" frequency, but only for airspace information, not about wheather conditions. After monitoring the airspace information frequency, pilots should contact ATC or send blind transmissions to the corresponding Tower frequencies.

Now, the situation in Skydemon for non-Swiss pilots is a bit confusing. For Emmen (LSME) and Alpnach (LSMA), the airspace activation frequency has been displayed as "Emmen Information" or "Alpnach Information". This implies an AFIS frequency, however, it isn't. For Buochs (LSZC), it is only displayed with callsign "Buochs" without the words "Information" behind it. I know, the AIP for at least LSZC shows just "Buochs" as callsign here, but it isn't expressive at all.

In addition, the airspace information frequency is also displayed at LSPG as "Kägiswil Information", which again, assumes to be an AFIS or a frequency for blind calls, but it is only the mentioned airspace information frequency for all the three control zones. LSPG uses the Alpnach Tower frequency for blind calls, which is missing for LSPG in Skydemon. Check also their website for more information, since LSPG isn't included in the AIP.

I would suggest to display 134,130 at all four airfields with callsign "HX Info" or something similar, and add the Alpnach Tower frequency also to LSPG, other scenarios wouldn't make much sense. Perhaps some Swiss pilots could also make a statement here, since the actual situation in Skydemon isn't satisfactory.

Edited 11/5/2019 8:06:33 PM by Frans
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
I will alert my colleague to this thread but as I mentioned in the other one, the officially documented callsigns in whatever source material we're using cannot really be deviated from as it breaks our change tracking.
Frans
Frans
Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)
Thanks for taking this serious Tim, I think that the information in the AIP is confusing as well. For non-Swiss pilots, the situation is really confusing. I think with better information provided in Skydemon, we can help pilots from abroad to navigate through this area. Unfortunately, the briefing for LSPG is only available in German language, which makes it impossible for non-speaking German visitors to understand this piece of airspace.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search