Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Route Export to GARMIN 660 devices

Author
w
Too Much Forum (494 reputation)Too Much Forum (494 reputation)Too Much Forum (494 reputation)Too Much Forum (494 reputation)Too Much Forum (494 reputation)Too Much Forum (494 reputation)Too Much Forum (494 reputation)Too Much Forum (494 reputation)Too Much Forum (494 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Tim Dawson - 9/30/2019 10:14:27 AM
We speak quite regularly. I can assure you, they are aware that we are willing. However, I will do as you ask, and alert them again.

Hi Tim,

Surely this is a question of money. Garmin must be willing if you pay a license fee or similar? They allowed Foreflight after all. 

I personally would be willing to pay extra for this flightstream feature. Call it an add-on to the standard subscription. Just an idea. 

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
No, money has never been mentioned. I suspect that the deal they did with Foreflight has not exactly worked out well for them. Just my personal opinion.
gflyer
g
Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)
Hi,

The area 660 has under the function button “Active Flight Plan” a function called “connext” and I saw a video on YouTube where a expert where telling he use this function in combination with a Garmin Watch to send flight plans from iPad.
Does anybody know if we can use it with SkyDemon? *.fpl is working, so we just need the transfer via Bluetooth in the air.
I use the area 660 to drive my Garmin GFC 500 Autopilot. If I would have a connection to SkyDemon if would be the perfect setup.

Regards
gflyer
Raphael_A
R
Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)
What I use is a SD Card and SD-Adapter to transfer the *.fpl File from IPad to Garmin G3X or G1000. Works.

Could be perfect, if there would be a simple export function from SkyDemon iPad to SD Card.
gflyer
g
Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)
Thanks for information. The area 660 and 760 has a Bluetooth connection called Connext in the Active Flight Plan mode. This would be the preferred way to use it in flight with changes on the routing. Seams it work with Garmin Pilot and Foreflight. Wondering why it does not work with SkyDemon?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
We are willing but Garmin have decided not to allow any more apps to be able to connect to their devices in this way.
gflyer
g
Why they allow to Foreflight? That’s the way how it works with them, have a look https://youtu.be/mBnv88S4tj4
That’s a perfect connection between the two worlds (ipad and Garmin device) and gives a lot of benefit and security while having a great backup and steering control of there GFC 500 Autopilot.
I hope Garmin will understand this is also a good reason to purchase a area 660 / 760.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
You should ask them. We do not have the answers you seek.
gflyer
g
Any contact?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Not one that I have been told I can give out publicly.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search