Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Copy Raw Flight Plan?

Author
airborne
Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is it possible to copy a raw flight plan created but not yet filed with SD?

I am asking because SD is really good at creating flight plans from planned routes. However, SD is in my opinion not the best tool to file a flight plan because filing a flight plan with SD is mainly 'fire and forget' (and make telephone calls etc.).

It would therefore be useful if created flight plans could be copied (and pasted into another tool with additional features such as flight plan status).

(I am aware of the 'Flightplan Response Received' feature in beta. It is useful but is still not a replacement for other tools where you get a flight plan status, can close a flight plan etc.)

airborne
airborne
Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)
Workaround: Create and file flight plan with SD, wait for confirmation by e-mail (with a copy of the filed flight plan), cancel flight plan through SD's web interface and file flight plan again somewhere else.)
airborne
airborne
Another workaround: Open SD's flight plan feature and copy / paste routing and remarks to a browser-based flight plan tool, on your iOS device or on your Mac (with Universal Clipboard). Enter additional information by hand and file flight plan with browser-based flight plan tool.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
There is no such thing as standard "flight plan status" for VFR flightplans. SkyDemon lets you delay, cancel and close flightplans once they have been filed.
airborne
airborne
Tim Dawson - 8/28/2019 10:07:36 AM
There is no such thing as standard "flight plan status" for VFR flightplans. SkyDemon lets you delay, cancel and close flightplans once they have been filed.

With other tools, I get confirmations, error messages etc. I can check whether my flight plan was opened etc. I am in particular referring to the tools offered by DFS and Skyguide.

That was not my questions, however. I was asking whether the draft of a raw flight plan created with SD could be copied to be filed with another tool. It would save some time: SD is a great tool for flight planning and navigation, but it's in my opinion not yet on par with the above-mentioned tools offered by DFS and Skyguide.

Marcel
Marcel
Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)
airborne - 8/28/2019 4:11:02 PM
Tim Dawson - 8/28/2019 10:07:36 AM

With other tools, I get confirmations, error messages etc. I can check whether my flight plan was opened etc. I am in particular referring to the tools offered by DFS and Skyguide.

That was not my questions, however. I was asking whether the draft of a raw flight plan created with SD could be copied to be filed with another tool. It would save some time: SD is a great tool for flight planning and navigation, but it's in my opinion not yet on par with the above-mentioned tools offered by DFS and Skyguide.

Actually this is what I do - copying the flight plan route into DFS... (but unfortunately there is no complete raw-code to copy&paste. Hence entering the aircraft data, or having it as a template in DFS, and then copying the routing etc into the DFS-form...)

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
No, there isn't such a tool in SkyDemon. The reason is as I outlined above: there is no such thing as a standard for VFR flightplans. DFS can offer it to you providing your flightplan is concerned only with Germany as a departure, as they also do all the flightplan routing. Same with Skyguide in Switzerland.

SkyDemon is an international tool and works outside those regions, where there is no standardisation for VFR flightplan "status".

bjornbostrom
b
Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)Forum Member (25 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 9/5/2019 4:12:19 PM
No, there isn't such a tool in SkyDemon. The reason is as I outlined above: there is no such thing as a standard for VFR flightplans. DFS can offer it to you providing your flightplan is concerned only with Germany as a departure, as they also do all the flightplan routing. Same with Skyguide in Switzerland.

SkyDemon is an international tool and works outside those regions, where there is no standardisation for VFR flightplan "status".

Hi!
I would also vote for a function to "export" a flightplan from SkyDemon. At least in Sweden we are used to file our flightplans through Flight Planning Centre at Arlanda (ESSA) via their web page. They allow one to import a flightplan in the ATS ICAO format, and it would be great to have the possibility to export an ATS ICAO format from SkyDemon. Example:

(FPL-SELFV-IG
-P28A/L-SD/C
-ESSB1500
-N0150A050 DCT TRS DCT
-ESSB0100 ESKN
-DOF/181231
-E/0500 P/001
A/W
C/Sven Svensson +468123456)

From Flight Planning Centre's webpage it is then easy to follow the status of the submission, if you get a FLIGHTPLAN ACK or if it's rejected. 

I understand that SkyDemon is an international tool, but why dont just offer a way to export to the ATS ICAO format? Isn't that some kind of strandard?

// björn

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
I've never personally heard of another national tool that can accept flightplans in that raw format.
bkj5
b
Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 10/9/2019 3:03:13 PM
I've never personally heard of another national tool that can accept flightplans in that raw format.

If it is of help, here is the helpfile of austrocontrol (see Flightplan Service - Import Flightplan):

Edited 10/18/2019 9:11:36 AM by bkj5
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search