Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Weather icons on map sometimes wrong

Author
pgroell
Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
For a flight to an airfield where TAF shows good weather with green icon for all day, the icon on the map is red.
First time I see this and a few airfields are affected on my map.
See attached picture with discrepancy for the destination LFLC. (Flight to begin 2 hours after picture is taken)
Maybe I misunderstand something.

Edited 7/18/2019 6:39:54 AM by pgroell
Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Pgroell,

Check your setting in "Weather Minima" under "Settings" / "Planning Options".
You can change the criteria regarding which symbol is displayed to represent good/marginal/poor etc. 
Tony

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
We've reviewed this for the next version, as there are some things that aren't entirely clear about the way SkyDemon shows the weather blobs on the map. The blob in in the title in the Weather window shows the state of the TAF at the beginning (its main part) whereas on the map, as you slide the time slider forwards and backwards, the blobs change colour to represent the specific part of the TAF for the time you've selected.

If you're on the SkyDemon Beta for iOS you can check out the changes now, if you like.

pgroell
pgroell
Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)

Hi Tim, I knew of the changing icon (blob!) with time but in my example the blob should never be red for a flight in the TAF's timeframe.
I'm' not on the IOS beta team have no time for that but knowing this has been adressed is enough for me.
Will check the next update.
Pascal

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search