Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Traffic radar on smartphones, button missing

Author
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I tried to get the full screen traffic radar on the display of my iPhone, but didn’t find the ‘Traffic button’ described in the manual. Is it missing or did I overlook it? I’ve tried while flying and in simulation mode.

Eric
SkyDemon for iPhone 3.12.7.187

The manual reads:

If you have a smartphone running SkyDemon, the Traffic Radar is
not displayed automatically in the corner of the screen, but
instead it can be viewed as a full-screen display, which you might
like to use as a complement to the normal map view on your main tablet. To bring up the full-screen Traffic instrument on your phone just open the main navigation menu by tapping the blue SkyDemon icon in the top left-hand corner of the screen, then choose ‘Traffic’.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
The button is only visible if you are actually receiving traffic data.
efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Tim,

Thank you for the clarification. I‘ll try on my next flight and in simulation mode with spawn aircraft.

I would vote for making the ‘traffic button’ visible, regardless of actually receiving traffic. This would minimise the head-down time in cockpit while flying and in conflict with oncoming traffic.

Eric

Edit: Just tried in simulation mode, and yes, it works! But I still do not understand, why the button is only visible after traffic has been detected.
Edited 6/10/2019 10:24:22 AM by efrenken
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
Because the vast majority of our customers do not have a traffic receiver and it's counter-productive having a top-level button that people cannot actually use.
TimT
TimT
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
I also struggled to get the traffic button for a day or two for each new phone device that I connected. Once I understood it to be that way, I stopped worrying and just waited it out. Now it works perfectly well, all the time, on all phone devices.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search