Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

FLARM-Air-Connect Issues Solved!?

Author
Peer
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I've tested the latest beta (may 17) on 4 flights, about 4 houres. NO FLARM ( use Power FLARM portable) isssues. No disconnects any more. Everything works as it should. Thank you SD. I'm happy again :-)

Europa XS
Europa XS
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)

Yes, it seems so that my longterm wish has finally come true. Over the weekend I've made 2 long flights with Skydemon via Airconnect to Flarm and no longer detected a malfunction.

Well done. Thank you very much!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Great news, thanks for confirming.
ken@blackman.co.uk
ken@blackman.co.uk
Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)
I have been testing the new code over many flights with a PowerFlarm portable connecting to an IPad Pro via an Air Connect. The connection regularly drops and whilst SD does reconnect to the Air Connect it can take up to 5 to 10 minutes to do this. As GPS signal to SD is lost when the connection drops it means being with out navigation during this time. Is there some setting that I have missed?
drnicolas
drnicolas
Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)
Since one of the latest updates, I see no disconnect/reconnect problems any more.
About one year ago, I have seen those problems, especially when trying to connect to my PowerFLARM/AIrconnect before the PowerFLARM has the first position.

SD then crashed and had to be closed manually.

I am using an iPad mini 4 with  the latest iOS-updates

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Maybe the AirConnect issue was solved and I am really feeling happy with you, BUT now I get a lot and frequent GPS drops at the Stratux.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
SkyDemon now relentlessly reconnects in the event of a dropped TCP connection to a FLARM device. If the device itself is unavailable, however, or your tablet has disconnected from the wifi hotspot of your device, this will not help. But from the SkyDemon side, we are doing everything we can to ensure your connection persists.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search