SkyDemon Forums

FLARM-Air-Connect Issues Solved!?

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic28593.aspx

By Europa XS - 5/27/2019 9:50:02 AM

Yes, it seems so that my longterm wish has finally come true. Over the weekend I've made 2 long flights with Skydemon via Airconnect to Flarm and no longer detected a malfunction.

Well done. Thank you very much!

By Tim Dawson - 5/28/2019 11:38:14 AM

Great news, thanks for confirming.
By fokus - 5/25/2019 9:17:22 PM

I've tested the latest beta (may 17) on 4 flights, about 4 houres. NO FLARM ( use Power FLARM portable) isssues. No disconnects any more. Everything works as it should. Thank you SD. I'm happy again :-)
By ken@blackman.co.uk - 6/23/2019 6:00:19 AM

I have been testing the new code over many flights with a PowerFlarm portable connecting to an IPad Pro via an Air Connect. The connection regularly drops and whilst SD does reconnect to the Air Connect it can take up to 5 to 10 minutes to do this. As GPS signal to SD is lost when the connection drops it means being with out navigation during this time. Is there some setting that I have missed?
By drnicolas - 6/23/2019 6:07:14 AM

Since one of the latest updates, I see no disconnect/reconnect problems any more.
About one year ago, I have seen those problems, especially when trying to connect to my PowerFLARM/AIrconnect before the PowerFLARM has the first position.

SD then crashed and had to be closed manually.

I am using an iPad mini 4 with  the latest iOS-updates
By pilot-byom - 6/23/2019 7:02:58 AM

Maybe the AirConnect issue was solved and I am really feeling happy with you, BUT now I get a lot and frequent GPS drops at the Stratux.
By Tim Dawson - 6/24/2019 10:32:23 AM

SkyDemon now relentlessly reconnects in the event of a dropped TCP connection to a FLARM device. If the device itself is unavailable, however, or your tablet has disconnected from the wifi hotspot of your device, this will not help. But from the SkyDemon side, we are doing everything we can to ensure your connection persists.