Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Updates and new features documentation

Author
Rob Swain
Too Much Forum (818 reputation)Too Much Forum (818 reputation)Too Much Forum (818 reputation)Too Much Forum (818 reputation)Too Much Forum (818 reputation)Too Much Forum (818 reputation)Too Much Forum (818 reputation)Too Much Forum (818 reputation)Too Much Forum (818 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
SD is updated regularly, which is great.

What would be good would be when we see the release note detail could there be a link to the updated help file for the new or amended feature.

I am flummoxed by all the new chatty stuff. I think I have told it all to shut up but then it blurts something out that I can't properly hear because of my noise cancelling headset but can be heard over the radio! A quick way of finding the instructions in the manual would be useful.

Edited 3/21/2019 4:13:10 PM by Rob Swain
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)
The manual is linked from within the app and from on our website. Unfortunately it isn't straightforward for us to link directly from the version history web page to a specific part of the manual, sorry.
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)
Rob Swain - 3/21/2019 4:11:59 PM
SD is updated regularly, which is great.

What would be good would be when we see the release note detail could there be a link to the updated help file for the new or amended feature.

I am flummoxed by all the new chatty stuff. I think I have told it all to shut up but then it blurts something out that I can't properly hear because of my noise cancelling headset but can be heard over the radio! A quick way of finding the instructions in the manual would be useful.

The manual is updated on a regular basis, though not as often as the software, but the manual download page on SD's website indicates the date of the last update and the front page has a reference to the software version number to which it relates. Furthermore, in addition to having an excellent index, the document is fully searchable (CTRL + F). I keep an eye on the download page, and as soon as I see that it has been updated, I download the latest version. In the meantime, each software update comes with release notes, which are usually all that is needed to get to grips with new features.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search