SkyDemon Forums

Updates and new features documentation

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic28111.aspx

By Rob Swain - 3/21/2019 4:11:59 PM

SD is updated regularly, which is great.

What would be good would be when we see the release note detail could there be a link to the updated help file for the new or amended feature.

I am flummoxed by all the new chatty stuff. I think I have told it all to shut up but then it blurts something out that I can't properly hear because of my noise cancelling headset but can be heard over the radio! A quick way of finding the instructions in the manual would be useful.
By Sky Painter - 3/22/2019 12:11:40 PM

Rob Swain - 3/21/2019 4:11:59 PM
SD is updated regularly, which is great.

What would be good would be when we see the release note detail could there be a link to the updated help file for the new or amended feature.

I am flummoxed by all the new chatty stuff. I think I have told it all to shut up but then it blurts something out that I can't properly hear because of my noise cancelling headset but can be heard over the radio! A quick way of finding the instructions in the manual would be useful.

The manual is updated on a regular basis, though not as often as the software, but the manual download page on SD's website indicates the date of the last update and the front page has a reference to the software version number to which it relates. Furthermore, in addition to having an excellent index, the document is fully searchable (CTRL + F). I keep an eye on the download page, and as soon as I see that it has been updated, I download the latest version. In the meantime, each software update comes with release notes, which are usually all that is needed to get to grips with new features.