A few months ago, I started myself a discussion about the way SD establishes a connection to airconnect/PowerFLARM.
I have not payed any attention on this feature then, but I remember that at least one update for SD was advertised with an imporved stability for 3rd party devices.
Lately , I wanted to give the couple of SD/airconnect and PowerFLARM another try, but now it completely fails.
These are my symptoms:
- Shortly after powering on the PowerFLARM and when it has found GPS satellites, my iPad automatically connects to a WLAN named *GSX28 ( note the "28"!)
- no password needed, the WLAN simply connects
- After starting SD and trying to "Fly - Use FLARM", I get a message that a connection could not be established. Hmm, why that? It worked before
- Examining the settings for the Flarm/airconnect, I see, that there is a key "1234" - definitely not the real world key
- From the dealer of the airconnect, I got the information that you sholud add 3642 to the number of the WLAN (remember 28!) to get the key or simply use a key > 5001 for newer devices.
- Nothing worked. I still get the message that a connection could not be established with "3670" as a key and "key rejected" (or similar) for a key >5001 (like 5022).
Is this a known issue with a newer version of SD? Are there other settings?