Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Cannot connect to airconnect anymore ...

Author
drnicolas
Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
A few months ago, I started myself a discussion about the way SD establishes a connection to airconnect/PowerFLARM.
I have not payed any attention on this feature then, but I remember that at least one update for SD was advertised with an imporved stability for 3rd party devices.

Lately , I wanted to give the couple of SD/airconnect and PowerFLARM another try, but now it completely fails.
These are my symptoms:
- Shortly after powering on the PowerFLARM and when it has found GPS satellites, my iPad automatically connects to a WLAN named *GSX28 ( note the "28"!)
- no password needed, the WLAN simply connects
- After starting SD and trying to "Fly - Use FLARM",  I get a message that a connection could not be established. Hmm, why that? It worked before
- Examining the settings for the Flarm/airconnect, I see, that there is a key "1234" - definitely not the real world key
- From the dealer of the airconnect, I got the information that you sholud add 3642 to the number of the WLAN (remember 28!) to get the key or simply use a key > 5001 for newer devices.
- Nothing worked. I still get the message that a connection could not be established with "3670" as a key and "key rejected" (or similar) for a key >5001 (like 5022).
Is this a known issue with a newer version of SD? Are there other settings?

fredjoy
fredjoy
Too Much Forum (883 reputation)Too Much Forum (883 reputation)Too Much Forum (883 reputation)Too Much Forum (883 reputation)Too Much Forum (883 reputation)Too Much Forum (883 reputation)Too Much Forum (883 reputation)Too Much Forum (883 reputation)Too Much Forum (883 reputation)
The key you require should be printed on the air connect device installed in the aircraft
drnicolas
drnicolas
Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)
fredjoy - 3/16/2019 10:22:14 PM
The key you require should be printed on the air connect device installed in the aircraft

Correct! The simple porblem is, the airconnect is hidden behind the panel. So, the access to inspect the sticker is not easy nd we don't have a photo.
At the moment I have 2 different behaviours:
1. Using "1234" or "3670" both give the message that the connection failed
2. Using "5022" (which came from a friend) brings the message "key rejected"

Any other ideas?

fredjoy
fredjoy
Too Much Forum (883 reputation)Too Much Forum (883 reputation)Too Much Forum (883 reputation)Too Much Forum (883 reputation)Too Much Forum (883 reputation)Too Much Forum (883 reputation)Too Much Forum (883 reputation)Too Much Forum (883 reputation)Too Much Forum (883 reputation)
Endoscope? Should be able to get one on amazon for less than 50 quid.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
You need to enter the correct key for your device. The key is printed on its side.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search