Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Bug in simulator on Ipad ?

Author
E
Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I can’t seem to figure out the following problem with the simulator function on an Ipad skydemon (version 3.11.1.149)

Not sure if it is a bug or I am doing something wrong:

Following example : planning a route that has a TrkT=265, Wind is 011/16 and the planning gives a magnetic heading of 273. So far no problem. departure time is now

Now when I start the simulator, the plane takes a TrkT=257, wind is 011/16 , Magnetic is 257 as well, and the heading bug on the compass is on 265. But the plane keep flying 257 and so deviates from the route. Whatever I do to change the direction of the plane it keeps going back to a magnetic heading of 257. The leg properties remain the same as in planning mode.

Could it be that the simulation mode is somehow mixing up drift and drift correction ?

Or am I missing something ?

Txs

Tony

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
The simulator has always behaved in this fashion, on every platform, but I'm not sure why.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Your aircraft gets blown about by the wind.
EU001939
E
Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)
Hello Tim,

If the plane drifts because of the wind then the magnetic heading on your compass would be equal to the track. So a bit confusing with the compass at the bottom of the screen as in fact it shows TrueT as well. but I guess that’s the case as well in flight (never checked) as the gps is the only source of input...so understand that...

anyway, Is there a way to force the plane to just follow the track , ie the heading bug ?

Ie either by :

-forcing the plane on the calculated magnetic heading. (I know we can change that by tapping the plane, but it always revert back to track + drift ) . so in fact have it working like the autopilot would do in a real plane.
-chang the wind conditions ? Because now it always takes the current wind conditions, regardless of the flight time you had planned, and regardless of the manual weather conditions set in the planning options ?

Or to complex to implement ?

Txs

Tony

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
No. The simulator is a bit of fun. It's not designed to do anything precisely, nor is the manner it operates documented or guaranteed not to change. It roughly flies the route you planned, with a bit of randomless thrown in.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search