Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Feature Request : Copy Aircraft In Library

Author
HardyK
Too Much Forum (275 reputation)Too Much Forum (275 reputation)Too Much Forum (275 reputation)Too Much Forum (275 reputation)Too Much Forum (275 reputation)Too Much Forum (275 reputation)Too Much Forum (275 reputation)Too Much Forum (275 reputation)Too Much Forum (275 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
After spending a good deal of time inputting details for a particular aircraft (especially Power Settings profiles) I would like to simply copy that aircraft since others of the same performance and hourly rate etc. are available at the club.

Unless I'm missing something (?), after a few minutes I finally realised I can do this by selecting the aircraft to be copied then:

- 'Save to Cloud' and use a new filename.
- 'Load from Cloud' and open the new file.
- Select one of two identical aircraft that now appears in the library list (i.e. the one without the green tick).
- Edit the registration and save.

It's no great effort I suppose but it feels like a faff for a simple task.

Please add a 'Copy Aircraft' button alongside 'Use Aircraft' in Aircraft Library which does just that but, before saving it, invites the user to input a new registration.

Unless I really am missing a trick?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
On a PC, go to your Documents folder, then SkyDemon, then Aircraft. You can copy the aircraft files as much as you like.
HardyK
HardyK
Too Much Forum (275 reputation)Too Much Forum (275 reputation)Too Much Forum (275 reputation)Too Much Forum (275 reputation)Too Much Forum (275 reputation)Too Much Forum (275 reputation)Too Much Forum (275 reputation)Too Much Forum (275 reputation)Too Much Forum (275 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 1/2/2019 4:54:09 PM
On a PC, go to your Documents folder, then SkyDemon, then Aircraft. You can copy the aircraft files as much as you like.

Got it. Thank you.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search