Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Download of AIP on Apple ipad/iphone unusable slow

Author
c
Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

since a few weeks downloading of AIPs on my iPad or iPhone is extraordinary slow. Small files (less than 1MB) are downloaded in ordinary speed but the big ones are the problem. As bigger they are, as longer the pause prior downloading these large files is. There is a oause of many hours prior one of these big files is downloaded. The traffic monitor of my dsl-router shows me that there isn't any traffic while waiting for the big files. At the End downloading more than about 100MB per day is impossible. Even downloading this data means a 24/7 operation.

As a result, I now download every night as much AIPs as I can hope that downloading these files is faster than new ones are created.

I hope that this problem will be fixed rapidly because otherwise skydemon is unusable for me anymore.

cbk
c
Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)
Update:
Downloading the big files (16MB or so) via mobile-phone network works propperly. The Problem occures when trying to download them via vdsl-network and -router. Although it only occurs by downloading the AIPs to iPad/iPhone. Downloading it to my Windows-PC isn't a problem. The PC uses the same vdsl-network, -router and wlan as the iPad does.

Trying to download the AIP-files via the wlan in my office it's the same. Use the Windows-Notebook and it works fine. Use the iPad and... forget it.

Edited 11/13/2018 11:43:34 AM by cbk
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
There are at least two threads on this issue already. Please use one of them.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search