Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Skydemon on IPAD - log summary share function

Author
c
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
Previously, it was possible to use the "share" function under IPAD to sent the log summary by mail for example.
I tried to do it recently, but it was not possible anymore. The only option available was to print it.
Don't know if it is related to skydemon application, or a bug from my IPAD.

Can you let me know if this a new limitation coming from Skydemon, or if I need to investigate on the IPAD side ?

Thanks 

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Possibly from the SkyDemon side. We changed the Log Summary a couple of months back so that it works across all your logs stored in the cloud, which means it's now a cloud-based function.
clenfant
c
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 11/12/2018 12:19:17 PM
Possibly from the SkyDemon side. We changed the Log Summary a couple of months back so that it works across all your logs stored in the cloud, which means it's now a cloud-based function.

Agreed, but so how to do at least a copy / paste of the data into an excel spreadsheet for example ?
Prior the update, it was possible to sent the summary by email, then I was able to copy and paste into excel.

Please note that as I couldn't sent the summary from the IPAD, I tried to get it from the Windows Skydemon software, but all I've got is an empty page Sad

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Copy and paste should work, and the functionality is just the same on the PC version of SkyDemon.
clenfant
c
Tim Dawson - 11/13/2018 12:23:23 PM
Copy and paste should work, and the functionality is just the same on the PC version of SkyDemon.

Thanks Tim for your answer.

It should, but it doesn't.
To do a copy / paste, I need to send the summary by email from the iPAD to my laptop, then I can copy-paste to excel.
But form the iPAD, I can only sent to a printer. Don't know why, as previously it was possible to sent by email.
And on the PC, when I want to see the summary, on have only a blank page, so I can't do anything.

clenfant
c
clenfant - 11/13/2018 12:37:31 PM
Tim Dawson - 11/13/2018 12:23:23 PM

Thanks Tim for your answer.

It should, but it doesn't.
To do a copy / paste, I need to send the summary by email from the iPAD to my laptop, then I can copy-paste to excel.
But form the iPAD, I can only sent to a printer. Don't know why, as previously it was possible to sent by email.
And on the PC, when I want to see the summary, on have only a blank page, so I can't do anything.

Ok, for the PC, the issue was hat I didn't had the last version !
Fixed, very sorry you can forget this issue, the summary is correctly generated now.

Still an issue from the iPad, I will investigate on my side too.

Regards,
clenfant

raphis
r
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)
Experienced the same "issue" today. The share button in the log summary allows only printing and no export/share with other applications. This is a bit strange as the function of this button isn't consistent - the same icon in the ipad PDF viewer allows to share the content.
pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)
I understand it was transformed into a cloud function with all b&b, so shouldn't the data synchronize with the PC version, where one can grab it in the Skydemon folders?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
It's a cloud function. We looked into this recently and there isn't an easy way to share the output of it. One option would be to have a field on the output which allowed you to email it to yourself - that's the best idea we've come up with at present.
clenfant
c
Well,
to generate an excel spreadsheet, or at least a csv txt file, and send it via email, would be great
The goal is to be able to use, and manipulate, the datas.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search