Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Visual approach charts

Author
p
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
In LSZB,LSGG I do not see any available VACs to overlay on the map.
The VACs overlays are still available at the smaller airfields like LSGE, LSGL etc.
Does anybody have an explenation why?
Thanks for feedbacks
Mark

Attachments
Available in LSGL.PNG (567 views, 11.00 KB)
Not available in LSZB etc.PNG (543 views, 21.00 KB)
Frans
Frans
Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)
The Swiss VFR Guide from Skyguide is not officially valid anymore. Only the normal AIP should be used for operational Briefing. They said that all the visual approach charts will be available in the AIP (soon?).

This is an high priority issue for the SkyDemon-Team to solve as soon as possible with Skyguide.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)
What makes you say the Skyguide documents are not officially valid? Has anybody told Skyguide this?
pmpag
p
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)
pmpag - 11/12/2018 8:36:30 AM
In LSZB,LSGG I do not see any available VACs to overlay on the map.
The VACs overlays are still available at the smaller airfields like LSGE, LSGL etc.
Does anybody have an explenation why?
Thanks for feedbacks
Mark

This is the answer I got from SkyDemon:
The Swiss Skyguide VFR Manual is updated regularly throughout the year, and with each update the plates must go through a georeferencing process to enable them to be overlaid on the map in SkyDemon. Unfortunately the release of these latest documents happened outside of weekday office hours, hence the delay in processing. The documents have now been georeferenced, and are available as an overlay, and we will be looking into ways to avoid this kind of delay in the future.
--> that's it! Thanks to SkyDemon!

Frans
Frans
Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 11/12/2018 12:24:55 PM
What makes you say the Skyguide documents are not officially valid? Has anybody told Skyguide this?
The Swiss aviation authorities (BAZL) decleared the VFR-Guide from Skyguide unvalid for operational use. See the following letter (unfortunately only in German language) down below. According to the letter, the VFR-Guide contains some mistakes, additional information without legal basis etc. Overal the VFR-Guide does not comply with all needed "quality requirements". Because of these errors within the VFR-Guide, it may not be used for operational briefings until Skyguide makes an audit/revision of the VFR-Guide. Unfortunately, no deadlines where published, so this could probably take a while.

Personally, I would recommend to contact Skyguide for the best practice in this case regarding official navigation data. The official Swiss AIP does only contain approach charts for the bigger airports like Zurich, Geneva, Berne etc. Smaller airports are only listed in the VFR-Guide/Manual, so flying without it could get a bit complicated, since a lot of small airfields does have a lot restrictions. But now its unsure if all legal requirements are fulfilled. Some airfields published their procedures on their websites.

kakugo
kakugo
Too Much Forum (316 reputation)Too Much Forum (316 reputation)Too Much Forum (316 reputation)Too Much Forum (316 reputation)Too Much Forum (316 reputation)Too Much Forum (316 reputation)Too Much Forum (316 reputation)Too Much Forum (316 reputation)Too Much Forum (316 reputation)
Frans - 12/7/2018 5:42:08 PM
Tim Dawson - 11/12/2018 12:24:55 PM
The Swiss aviation authorities (BAZL) decleared the VFR-Guide from Skyguide unvalid for operational use. See the following letter (unfortunately only in German language) down below. According to the letter, the VFR-Guide contains some mistakes, additional information without legal basis etc. Overal the VFR-Guide does not comply with all needed "quality requirements". Because of these errors within the VFR-Guide, it may not be used for operational briefings until Skyguide makes an audit/revision of the VFR-Guide. Unfortunately, no deadlines where published, so this could probably take a while.

Personally, I would recommend to contact Skyguide for the best practice in this case regarding official navigation data. The official Swiss AIP does only contain approach charts for the bigger airports like Zurich, Geneva, Berne etc. Smaller airports are only listed in the VFR-Guide/Manual, so flying without it could get a bit complicated, since a lot of small airfields does have a lot restrictions. But now its unsure if all legal requirements are fulfilled. Some airfields published their procedures on their websites.

This is acknowledged in the very VFR guide:

Le VFR Guide ne reflète actuellement pas entièrement le droit en vigueur et diverge sur certains points par rapports aux informations aéronautiques valides et nécessaires pour la sécurité des vols.
Pour la préparation des vols, on se fiera dès lors impérativement aux publications aéronautiques officielles à savoir à l’AIP, au VFR Manual, aux cartes aéronautiques, aux NOTAM et au Daily Airspace Bulletin (DABS).

I'd say it's not a big deal, the VFR Guide is just a handy compendium of the basic Swiss rules of the air and I never use it to prepare a flight.
Not to be confused with the VFR Manual, which contains much, much more information and it's official.

Frans
Frans
kakugo - 12/7/2018 6:24:39 PM
This is acknowledged in the very VFR guide:

Le VFR Guide ne reflète actuellement pas entièrement le droit en vigueur et diverge sur certains points par rapports aux informations aéronautiques valides et nécessaires pour la sécurité des vols.
Pour la préparation des vols, on se fiera dès lors impérativement aux publications aéronautiques officielles à savoir à l’AIP, au VFR Manual, aux cartes aéronautiques, aux NOTAM et au Daily Airspace Bulletin (DABS).

I'd say it's not a big deal, the VFR Guide is just a handy compendium of the basic Swiss rules of the air and I never use it to prepare a flight.
Not to be confused with the VFR Manual, which contains much, much more information and it's official.
Thanks a lot for the clarification! I did mixed up the VFR-Guide and VFR-Manual, thanks to a phone call with Skyguide, where the lady told me that only the AIP is officially valid at the moment and no VFR-Guide/Manual should be used. Unbelievable that Skyguide employees didn't know the differences either.

Nevermind, I see no further actions for SkyDemon regarding this issue, so disregard my recommendation to contact Skyguide. Now I actually realize that I always use the VFR-Manual for operational briefings, but never used the VFR-Guide, which is now unvalid.

Edited 12/7/2018 6:44:04 PM by Frans
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search