Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Weighing date field in weight and balance section

Author
alexis.hellen@gmail.com
Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
What about having a field to put the date of the weighing that has been punched in the Empty weight field of the weight and balance section? 
And also the empty weight in the envelope diagramme could perhapsper automatically updated with the value that is punched in the empty weight field?

Thanks for this great app.
Cheers,
Alexis

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
I'm afraid I don't understand what problem this suggestion is designed to solve. Is the date useful in some way to SkyDemon's calculations?
Frédéric SAUVAGE
Frédéric SAUVAGE
Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)
Back to this one.
In the beginning of the fly season, I check some weight of the plane that I fly.
I see that most of them doesn't have changed.
So yes, it will be a good idea to have, in the w/B section :
- a field to save the date of the airplane document
- a field to save the date of the last cross check between Sd and W/B airplane sheet.

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
A simple work around is to copy the incorrect profile to a new one with the date in the name of the aircraft profile.

I have two different Weighings for my aircraft, one with the rear seat taken out, and one with it in place. I have two sets of aircraft profiles, the latest dated ones are coped and renamed with the latest date every time an equipment modification changes the W&B. You effectively have an audit trail of the changes then as well.
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
Frédéric SAUVAGE - 4/11/2024 12:36:19 PM
Back to this one.
In the beginning of the fly season, I check some weight of the plane that I fly.
I see that most of them doesn't have changed.
So yes, it will be a good idea to have, in the w/B section :
- a field to save the date of the airplane document
- a field to save the date of the last cross check between Sd and W/B airplane sheet.

I have replied to this once already today but for some reason it was flagged as spam. Sad

Have you considered just copying the existing aircraft profile to create a new one? This can then be updated with the new values and saved with a name including the date/version number.

I have two weighings for my aircraft, one with the rear seat in place, and one without. I therefore have two sets of profiles, each with a number of individual dated profiles reflecting each time there has been a relevant equipment change that resulted in a change to the W&B. 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search